A New Decade With New Security Solutions To Meet New Challenges
Paxton launch brand new products and solutions to mark the start of a new decade. A decade where access control and video surveillance technologies are taken to the next level and the need for solutions that help protect people and premises are more relevant than ever before.
Paxton originally started in 1985 when the company was founded by Sussex businessman with a passion for technology, Tony Ratcliffe. Since the days of eighties tech, Paxton have grown into an international security designer and manufacturer, by creating industry leading products that set the bar in a world of ever advancing technology.
This year Paxton are marking their 35th birthday by creating new, truly innovative products which reflect the technological advances, trends, and challenges that lay ahead for Paxton installers and end users.
Katie Millis-Ward, Divisional Director of Communications, said: “We are always thinking of the next solution we can bring to our loyal customers. We have a focus on simplicity and making the technology experience for both the installer and end customer hassle free. Right now, we are really listening and taking note of what is important to customers in these changing times. So many of the Paxton solutions available are the result of customers telling us what they’d like to see more of. We take on board their feedback and combine it with years of Paxton know-how and innovation to create some truly useful products that solve real life problems.”
Here is just a few of the latest, available now:
Net2 access control v6.03 - Paxton’s industry renowned access control system receives its latest software update enabling next level remote management for Net2 sites via smartphone app or web browser
Being able to access and secure a site remotely and easily is incredibly valuable. The latest update to the Net2 system* makes remote management and security of sites more straightforward than ever before - minimising the need for regular site visits and supporting social distancing. Installers can manage a system via web browser using Net2Online or using the smartphone app Paxton Connect. The new features join the existing remote management functionality of user administration, roll call, and reporting.
Steve Rowlands, Paxton’s Global Product Manager, explains: “We have been listening to customer feedback and this free software update packs in some fantastic new features for those who want to use Net2 remotely or manage their system on the go from Paxton Connect, our easy and convenient app.”
Next level remote management in Net2 via Paxton Connect app and Net2Online:
- Lockdown - securing your site at the touch of a button and quickly disabling user access
- Access Level Management - determines which site areas users can access
- Advanced Door Control - opens a door directly from your device wherever you are
- Timezones - automates access to control movement of people at specific times
- Event Filters - quickly finds specific events to manage your site efficiently
*Paxton Connect and Net2Online are available to users of Net2 Pro only.
Paxton10 - combining next generation access control and video management on a single platform
Launched in the UK to widespread acclaim last year, Paxton10 has been developed meticulously over time. This month the system debuts in France, Germany & Scandinavia, with plans for a US introduction later down the line. The Paxton10 launch follows a period of in-depth research and engagement with installers to identify the features they feel most beneficial to them and their customers. Combining two classic elements of security, access control and video management, on one system, Paxton built on 35 years of access control expertise to diversify into cameras, launching the first Paxton cameras to the market.
Paxton’s Chief Sales Officer, Gareth O’Hara, said: “Using the latest technology to combine access events and video footage in one place, Paxton10 simplifies site management and security and offers customers something they’ve never seen before. We believe it is a game-changing system. From the feedback we have received so far, our installers have told us they are very excited about the direction we were going in with Paxton10, particularly with the new technology. People really understand the need for a unified platform in the mid-market.”
What is in Paxton10?
- Paxton10 smart credentials - in-built Bluetooth® wireless technology allows smartphones or Apple Watches to be used in place of traditional keys or electronic tokens
- Paxton10 cameras – suitable for a broad range of applications, embedded with the latest technology
- Global remote access allowing full security management from anywhere
- Modular, single door system architecture with distributed intelligence - ease of install and flexibility, build the system as you go
- Ideal for sites of all sizes - scalable from 1 to 1000 doors and up to 1000 cameras
- Fully compatible with Paxton’s wireless door handles and video door entry system
- Integrates with fire and intruder alarms to simplify building management
- Simple migration path from Paxton’s flagship Net2 access control system
- Supported by wide range of installer tutorial videos and software wizards
Entry Standard monitor – this time around, Paxton have raised the standard with the latest addition to their door entry range, the next generation standard monitor
No need to greet visitors in person at the door, the new monitor allows you to view guests via video before granting or denying access. This versatile product works as part of Paxton’s wider door entry system, Entry, to offer a feature-rich and cost-effective solution for a range of applications, from schools and hospitals to offices and apartments. Designed with simplicity of install in mind, the full system consists of 3 components that auto-detect on set up: external panel, interior monitor, and door control unit. The new monitor is a real plug and play solution that can be used with a range of Paxton’s Entry panel options - standard, premium and vandal resistant, making the whole system flexible for a wide variety of sites.
Steve Rowlands, Global Product Manager, says: “The second-generation Entry Standard monitor blends contemporary aesthetics with high quality materials and clean user interface. It has been designed to fit into any environment with a variety of different themes, allowing the user to personalise the monitor to suit their tastes. It is also simple to use as there is no programming required.”
New and notable in the Entry Standard monitor:
- Smart, simple call and event log
- 14 themed designs for end user customisation
- Clear user interface on a 4.3” capacitive touch screen
- High quality audio with front facing speaker
- Full-duplex voice communication
- Additional functionality with the unlocking of multiple system doors and external gates
- Quick and easy to install, either to a wall or desk with or without a handset
- Fully compatible with Paxton’s Paxton10 and Net2 systems or as part of standalone door entry solution
In addition to bringing new solutions to the market, Paxton have introduced bespoke virtual training courses and have launched a series of free webinars so installers can really get to know the products, from wherever they are.
Global Training Manager Steve Woodbridge explains: “With many exciting product updates and new releases this year, our training courses are continuously evolving to ensure installers can really get the best out of the systems. Social restrictions have also meant that training has had to transform to a virtual environment, however our Paxton team are committed to always providing the best training possible, whatever the medium”.
For product training via virtual training classes or to join one of the company’s free new solution 30 minute webinars, visit www.paxton-access.com
All these products will be available to purchase and download from May 2020. For further information on how to get the latest solutions from Paxton, visit the How to Buy section on their website.